OPERATIONS CONSULTING ENGAGEMENT
PROPOSAL FOR A MEDIA COMPANY
• The media business relies on information to operate. For this business
to remain active the management should make critical decision on
what they produce to the public. They should make sure that they
define their problems well by consulting on what the consumer needs.
• It is the responsibility of the company to perform surveys on both the
employees and the customers to ensure that relevant information that
meets the expectations and requirements of the consumer is produced.
• The management will decide if what their employees are researching
is aligned to its core competence and if the consumer will be satisfied
by their results.
EVALUATION OF OPERATIONS
• In data gathering, the strategy should be to target the consumer needs.
The employees should make sure that the gather relevant data
depending on the story they are following on and make sure they
assemble together all the relevant information concerning it so that the
consumer may understand the story.
• It is also the responsibility of the management to ensure that each and
every employee is allocated to their respective field of study. This will