To complete this assignment, go to this week’s Summary
Paper link in the left navigation.
The final course assignment will be a summary paper. The Summary Paper
will be due the last day of class. The
Summary Paper will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Summary Paper
Students will write an eight- to ten- page paper on one of the following
- How a major organization (i.e. Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola,
etc) utilizes the supply chain/logistics management systems to get its
products to markets.
- In what ways has technology impacted the way (s) the
supply chain function has been performed out?
- How might one distribution strategy be better than
- In what specific ways may outsourcing impact an
organization’s supply chain strategy?
- Design a supply chain for a small or mid-sized
organization, of your choosing. It can either be a real organization, your
own employer or a fictitious company.
- Additional topics maybe available with instructor
The paper will cover the
- A discussion of the issue(s) at hand.
- An explanation of specific rules and regulations
relating to the concept (i.e. laws and/or policies).
- Provide an analysis of the situation (the analysis can
include historical information leading to the current situation as the
student sees it).
- Draft a conclusion (give your thoughts and opinions
about what changes may/should occur on the basis of current conditions and
the research you have found).
Writing the Summary PaperThe Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length
and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style
guide. Title, reference, and any exhibits or appendices are not
counted in the paper length.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a
- Must use at least five professional resources,
including a minimum of two from ProQuest.
- Must use APA style to document all sources.
- Must include a final reference page that includes the
references that you relied upon in constructing your paper per APA guidelines.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your