Option #2: Making Socially Responsible and Ethical Marketing Decisions: Selling Tobacco to Third World Countries

Anonymous
timer Asked: Dec 21st, 2017
account_balance_wallet $10

Question description

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/007352994x/862122/case_4_6_Making_Socially_Responsible_and_Ethical_Marketing.pdf .

Prepare a paper analysis looking at ethics comparatively speaking looking at the situations presented in this case. Minimally, address the following questions:

  1. Use the model in Exhibit 1 as a guide and assess the ethical and social responsibility implications of the situations described.
  2. Can you recommend alternative strategies or solutions to the dilemmas confronting the tobacco companies? To governments? What is the price of ethical behavior?
  3. Should the U.S. government support U.S. tobacco company interests abroad?
  4. Should a company be forced to stop marketing a product that is not illegal, such as cigarettes?

Your case study analysis paper should be well written, 3-4 pages, and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Completely address all of the questions related to the case study in a coherent and fluid essay (not as a bulleted list of responses) and provide justifications for your decisions. Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.

Tutor Answer

Emilyprofessor
School: UT Austin

hellothanksworking on your paper asap
Attached.

Running Head: MARKETING DECISIONS

1

Marketing Decisions
Institutional Affiliation
Date

MARKETING DECISIONS

2

Background context
Over the last years, the Third World countries were among the famous site for growing of
tobacco product and consumption. Based on the readings, Africa, Latin America, and in Europe
were among the leading in the production of Tobacco. In most parts of India, Philippines, and
Latin America, only around 30% of people who smoke. The other 70% is considered to be
influenced by tobacco smoking. This pattern shows that there will be an increased epidemic of
smoking-related diseases in the Third World countries. Among the diseases that seem to increase
is lung cancer, as well as coronary heart diseases. These are deadly diseases that will also result
in increased deaths across the Third World countries. Moreover, it is also expected that when the
issue still persists, stillbirth and infant mortality rates will be affected. In most of the Third
World countries, tobacco is valued to be a cash crop that creates a lot of firm of the persons who
plant it. Many of these countries seem to use it as a source of foreign exchange, which has
boosted the economy of these countries h...

flag Report DMCA
Review

Anonymous
Totally impressed with results!! :-)

Similar Questions
Hot Questions
Related Tags

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors