Purpose of Assignment
A well planned distribution channel system
is a key component of the marketing mix that helps meet customer demands
and achieve company goals. This assignment will analyze the role
channels of distribution have in meeting the needs of consumers in both a
brick and mortar and online retail setting.
Resources: University Library article on distribution channels in marketing that is not more than five years old; Marketing: Ch. 1: pg. 4-10; Ch. 2: pg. 40-46, 54-69; Ch. 15: pg. 408-420; Ch. 16: pg. 438-447; Week 4 video
Scenario: You work for a
newly formed sports apparel company and your manager has requested you
help the company decide on the best distribution strategy to use for its
products. You have begun research on the strategies and methods
available by reviewing relevant articles on the topic. Based on your
article review, you will decide what strategy(ies) is/are best and
explain the reasoning behind your conclusion.
Select an article from the University Library that is less than five years old on the role of distribution channels in marketing.
Compose a 1,050-word article review covering the following:
- Define what a distribution channel is and discuss why it is important to the marketing process.
- Discuss the differences between direct and indirect distribution channels.
- Introduce the article and its author(s) and give a brief summary of its core message(s).
- Analyze the relationship distribution channels have to maintaining a satisfied target market.
- Compare and contrast similarities and differences in distribution
strategies for online versus brick and mortar businesses. Use examples
from a company you admire or your own work life examples to illustrate
- Recommend distribution strategy(ies) for the company and what reasoning led you to conclude this was the best solution.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources with one being the article from the University Library.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.