I need help with a question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
You have some expertise in gender identity development although you may not be aware of it. This assignment presents you with the opportunity to explore your own gender identity development. Gender identity is a very personal topic, yet also one that has been much studied in professional literature.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research psychological literature on gender identity. In addition to the module readings, select at least two scholarly resources for use in this assignment. You also have the option of using nonscholarly resources from reputable Web and print sources.
Cover the following sections:
- Early Learning about Gender
- Identify memories of masculinity and femininity in your family, peers, authority figures, and role models from childhood through adolescence.
- Describe the biological, social, historical, cultural, ethnic, or political influences on your early learning of gender roles and explain how they form a part of your own gender role identity.
- Include examples specific to your experiences.
- Influence of Gender on Roles and Decisions
- Evaluate the scientific evidence for the influence of gender expectations on social roles, cognitive abilities, and educational and career choices.
- Compare or contrast this scientific evidence to your own experiences. That is, explain how your experience matches or does not match the scientific community’s opinion about how gender expectations influence social roles, cognitive abilities, and educational and career choices.
- Transitions, Conflicts, and Challenges
- Identify any transition points or conflicts in your gender role development until now. Were there times when you did not feel your expected gender role fit for you?
- Describe your experiences with sexism or lack of experiences with sexism. How does this relate to what the scientific community says about transitions, conflicts, and challenges?
- Looking Forward
- Discuss how you anticipate your gender identity will continue to evolve over the course of your life. Do you have present concerns about your gender identity?
- Identify areas in which you could benefit from expanding the definition of your gender role. What difficulties do you anticipate in this? Explain.
Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- A title page
- A reference page
- Headings for each of the sections applying APA standards
- A minimum of two scholarly sources, which are not included in the module readings
For reputable Web sources, look for .org, .net, or .edu Web sites as opposed to .com sites. Please avoid Wikipedia.
Write a 4–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to the formatting of your paper and the citation of sources. Remember to include a cover page and reference page in APA format. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, February 12, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
This assignment is worth 200 points and will be graded using a rubric.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Identified early childhood memories of masculinity and femininity in family, with peers, and with authority figures and role models.|
Discussed the biological, social, historical, cultural, ethnic, or political influences on early learning of gender roles and explained how it is now a part of current personal gender role identity. Included examples specific to personal experiences.
|Evaluated the scientific evidence and/or theories related to the influence of gender expectations on social roles, cognitive abilities, and educational and career choices, and compared or contrasted them to personal experiences.|
|Identified any transition points or conflicts in gender role development, including times when he/she did not feel that his/her expected gender role fit him/her and whether he/she has experienced sexism. Personal experiences are related to external research and/or theories in the field to illustrate and strengthen ideas.|
|Forecasted how personal gender identity will evolve over his/her lifetime. This includes reflections about gender identity. Identified personal areas that could benefit from expanding his/her definition of gender role, and discussed the difficulties in doing so. Used external research, including theories of gender development and/or scientific evidence, to support ideas.|
Usage and Mechanics (12)
APA Elements (16)