All of your upcoming Individual Project assignments and your upcoming Phase 3 Discussion Board assignment will be based on an organization of your choice where you plan to execute a project of your choice that will bring about change for all members of that organization.
You should select a real-life organization and a real-life project. Although a workplace organization is preferred, if you are not affiliated with a workplace organization, other types of organizations could be substituted such as your church, synagogue, charitable organization, youth organization, gaming club, etc.
You should also choose a real-life project within this organization. Although a workplace project such as the implementation of a new software application is preferred, other types of projects could be substituted such as remodeling the facilities of a charitable organization. The organization and project you choose will be used as the basis for assignments throughout this course, so it should conform to the following guidelines:
- Nontrivial:The organization you select should reflect a real-life organization, and the project you select should reflect a real-life project.
- Domain knowledge: You will apply your knowledge of this organization to address assignments that are related to discussing the organization and the impact of the change brought about by the project to the organization’s members.
Select an organization and a project that fits these requirements. Then submit a description of the organization and project you propose to use to your instructor. You should obtain your instructors’ approval of your proposed organization and project as soon as possible because you will need it to complete your Phase 1 Individual Project assignment. Your instructor will tell you how to submit this proposal and what notification will be given for project approval.
Phase 1 Task 2 Discussion Board Assignment
The discussion assignment for this week will be a reflection on what you believe to be the major reasons that a project you were on succeeded or failed. Be sure to include how leadership, the organization, and constituents within the organization were willing to support the project and how they played a role in its success or failure.
The following Discussion Board research will assist you in determining these factors. Research at least 2 sources (which may include your textbook) to support your response.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 350–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for discussions with your classmates this week. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Describe a project that you were involved with, or are familiar with, that either succeeded or failed.
- Discuss how project leadership played a role in its success or failure.
- Discuss how the organizational structure played a role in its success or failure.
- Discuss how the organization’s ability to support the project contributed to its success or failure.
- What do you believe are some of the most important success factors (at least three) as they relate to project leadership, organizational structure, and the organization’s ability to implement projects or change?
Write 2 more paragraphs of about 100-200 words each that serve as that are an introduction and conclusion to what you have written about this topic. Be sure to include your references, and format your submission in APA format.