For this benchmark, students will demonstrate best practices for development of a healthy, supportive, and challenging environment for learning, which embraces the diversity and characteristics of your students, addresses their interests and special needs, and includes families as partners.
Select an age group or grade from Birth to Age 8/Grade 3.
Create a 1,250-1,500 word handbook for families that describes your Early Childhood Classroom Environment Plan for the selected age group or grade. Be creative and include the following sections:
- Procedures, Rules with Consequences, and Reward System
- Classroom Dynamics including expected Teacher and Student Interactions
- Academic Play, Classroom Schedule, and Transitions
- Classroom Elements that will support a Positive Learning Environment for all Students
- Family Involvement
- Managing Conflicts and Challenging Behaviors
Write 250-500-word reflection on how the feedback from your classroom teacher and the collaboration with your Collaborative Learning Community effected the development of your plan to create a healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging learning environment for young children.
Use 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.