After reviewing the
videos on Autism listed on the Week Five Learning Activities page and
reading Chapter 9 of your textbook, you should examine and discuss the
key issues facing law enforcement in identifying and interviewing
someone in this particular special population segment of our community.
In your main post,
consider: What are the key interview techniques officers should learn to
be successful in situations which may arise when questioning these
individuals? How would you design a training course to better prepare
officers in the field to engage with these individuals in a positive and
minimum expectation for class discussions is to respond directly to
each part of the discussion prompt and to respond to at least two other
posts, either by a student or instructor, by the end of the week:
- Submit one main post responding directly to each part of the discussion prompt.
should be a substantive response to the topic(s) in your own words,
referencing what you have discovered in your required reading and other
may use resources in addition to your textbook that support your
post(s); however, you must mention the source(s) that you used in your
- Reply to at least two posts. Responses can be made to students or to your instructor.
- Responses to other individuals' posts should:
- Expand on their ideas
- Discuss the differences between your thoughts and theirs
- Explain why you agree or disagree
- For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.