*acids are proton donors.
* they are sour in taste.
*they burn the skin.
* when reacted with metal they produce hydrogen gas.
* they turn the blue litmus paper to red.
* bases are proton acceptors.
* they are bitter in taste.
* they are slippery in touch.
* they produce salt and water when reacted to acids.
*they turn red litmus paper to blue.
all those substances which are H+ ions donors are known as acids.
all those substances which accept the H+ ions are known as bases.
24a) acid: H2CO3 base: NaOH
24b) acid: HCl base: NH3
Content will be erased after question is completed.
Enter the email address associated with your account, and we will email you a link to reset your password.
Forgot your password?