Prior to engaging in this discussion, be sure to read “Hierarchy of needs: The five levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs,” view
the Emotional intelligence in the classroom and Information literacy:
The perils of online research videos, begin reading Chapters 1 and 2 in
your text, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. If you would
like guidance on locating an article within the Ashford University
Library, please watch this tutorial
for helpful tips. It is important to refer to the “Discussion Forum
Grading Rubric” for guidance on how your discussion posts will be
In an initial post of 450-500 words, begin by listing the five ways
you currently believe you learn best (e.g., loud music playing, taking
notes). After you have created your list, click the links below and take
the following quizzes. Note: It is important to make your list prior to
taking the quizzes so that you will have opportunities to reflect on
The measurements taken by these quizzes are only being used to help you
identify how multifaceted and diverse learning is; they are not meant to
endorse these surveys or guarantee their accuracy. Copy and paste your
results from the quizzes into the forum beneath your initial list, take a
moment to evaluate the different types of learning presented, and then
address the following:
- Are you surprised by your results on the assessments? Why, or Why not?
- Name at least two behaviors you exhibit that support at least one of these assessment results.
- Based on these results, critically evaluate your own behaviors.
Are there behaviors you could practice that might help you learn better?
List at least two behaviors you could change or traits you could
develop in your own behaviors, and explain how they support your
- For example: “I could create flashcards because the assessments identify that visual learning comes easier to me.”
- Describe how the information about multiple intelligences
interacts with the associative behaviorist and cognitivist theories you
have read about thus far.