APA format with references Original no plagiarism 1,000–1,725 words
You and Shawn are scheduled to meet next week with John and the board of directors at AGC. Shawn will make a presentation about human capital management. Both of you understand the urgency of the company’s situation and why it is important to instruct this group about the value and need for an optimized program for the management of global human capital. You run into each other as you arrive at the office this morning and stop for a minute to talk.
"Shawn, I think your presentation will be a learning opportunity for this group," you say. "Without this information about global human capital management, AGC may never be able to move forward with critically needed changes."
"I agree," he says. "I'm working on my notes, and I want your advice about some concerns I have."
"Sure," you say. "Why don't you e-mail me the list and I'll get back to you with my suggestions."
"Sounds good," he says. Later that morning, you get his e-mail, and the following list of questions:
- How should I approach the board?
- How should I deliver my message without embarrassing the board about its lack of knowledge about human capital management?
- What can I say to illustrate the intrinsic value of human capital?
- What examples from other organizations can be provided that will strengthen the board’s knowledge of global human capital trends and problems?
- Do you think that my leadership style will help me during this meeting?