Assignment - Select a peer reviewed journal article (at least 10
pages long and written since 1990) and analyze the article in a 3-4 page
essay. The essay should include:
- Identify and explain the author's main point, or thesis.
- Describe how the author organizes the article.
- Identify and discuss the types of evidence the author uses to support the thesis.
- Describe how the author uses this evidence.
- Consider how the author appeals to ethos, pathos, and logos throughout the article.
- The purpose of this essay is to demonstrate your ability to summarize
and analyze scholarly research and to communicate your analysis clearly
You should include carefully selected
quotations of limited length to support your summary and analysis. You
must use in-text citations to cite these quotations. Because you are
only citing one work, you need include only the page number (not the
author's name) within the citation. For example - He uses the term
"glocalization" to describe the "productive meeting of the global and
the local" (601). Note the positioning of the punctuation!
Include a Work Cited page citing your article. Do not use information from any other sources.