Use adobe illustrator to complete this this.
After you're done please submit both .ai and .pdf files. Very important. You don't have to purchase adobe illustrator, you can get the free trial.
- Your logo or brand has got to be much more than just a corporate badge or a simple recognizable, memorable mark. It needs to reflect who you are, what your business is and even how you work. The logo designer’s creativity and imagination are the integral parts in the logo design process, the client can describe what they want, and the designer has to visualize it. He or she has to create a high impact creative brand that has to not only work on screen, but also for a variety of media, like posters, signage, letterheads and even for apparel.
Your task is to design a logo for your own organization to use for a letterhead (8.5” x 11”), business cards (3.5” x 2”), a poster (Poster size = 24" X 36" with your logo sized at 4” x 6”), and a website (Logo sized at 1.5” x 2” on a webpage layout sized 15" X 10"). The sizes are suggested size, which can be modified as appropriate. You may pick any type of business or organization to create the design of your logo using Adobe Illustrator (CS5 or Higher). You are required to follow the requirements below. You will be submitting one file that contains multiple (4) artboards based on the above sizes.
For further study in preparation for creating your logo designs, consider reading feedback from some of today's design leaders on what not to do, when creating a logo!
Read the HOW Magazine article on 6 Things to Avoid When Designing a Logo here.
- Use a recent version of Adobe Illustrator
- Use multiple artboards (4) at a specific size (referenced above) for a variety of items
- Use Gradient
- Create a drop shadow
- Apply Gradients to Strokes
- Save file as .pdf and submit both .ai and .pdf files