Week Nine: Assignment:
I. Reading Assignment:
Read Chapter 6:
Islam, pages 221-242
II. Writing Assignment:
Complete Worksheet #8 and turn in by Sunday night, April 9 by
11:59 pm. It is located in the Week Nine folder under the
Assignment Link on Blackboard. Please submit your homework
through that assignment link. Instructions for this are given
To get full credit the answers must be thorough, show thought and
completely fill in the blanks provided.
The Worksheet is worth 10 points.
III. Discussion Board Assignment Questions:
Answer these question on the Discussion Board in Blackboard.
1. Choose something from the opening section of the chapter or the
section entitled “Background” that you learned or caught your
attention. Explain what it was and why you chose it. Choose
something different from what your classmates have already
2. What do you think of the concept of the “Seal of the Prophets.”
Give reasons to support your view.
3. As your read more about Muhammad, his character and the
events that happened to him, what is your view of him now?. Give
reasons to support your ideas.
1. What do you think of the Muslim view that the Qur’an is
miraculous? Give reasons to support your view.
2. What do you think of the notion of “The People of the Book.”
Did you realize Judaism, Christianity and Islam were so
connected? What is your view of this? Give reasons to support
3. Islam claims their religion is the only true monotheism. Why do
they say it and what do you think about this notion? Give reasons
to support your views.
4. Choose something else from this section on Islam that caught
your attention that hasn’t been brought up in these questions. State
what it is and why you chose it. Give reasons to support your view.
These initial responses to questions should be at least
in length and contribute significantly to the discussion