I am currently in a graduate statistics course and being that I am not strong in this type of math when it comes to the calculations and interpreting concepts from it when writing up reports, I would greatly appreciate a lot of help for the following assignment, along with explaining and giving a break-down on how you obtain the following calculations "step-by-step" on the Excel as well.
About Your Signature Assignment
This signature assignment is designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. The signature assignments might be graded with an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for program improvements.
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is for students to synthesize the concepts learned throughout the course. This assignment will provide students an opportunity to build critical thinking skills, develop businesses and organizations, and solve problems requiring data by compiling all pertinent information into one report.
Resources: Microsoft Excel®, Signature Assignment Databases, Signature Assignment Options, Part 3: Inferential Statistics (all three attached below).
Scenario: Upon successful completion of the MBA program, say you work in the analytics department for a consulting company. Your assignment is to analyze one of the following databases: (my interest is using the "Option 2: Hospital" one).
- Consumer Food
Select one of the databases based on the information in the Signature Assignment Options. (attached below that is labeled "Option 2: Hospital Database" for the dataset report I would like to work on).
Provide a 1,600 - 1,760 (excluding cover page and reference wording; not to exceed over 10% of total word count of 1,600 (1,600 x .10 = 160 = 1,760) word detailed, statistical report including the following:
- Explain the context of the case
- Provide a research foundation for the topic
- Present graphs
- Explain outliers
- Prepare calculations
- Conduct hypotheses tests
- Discuss inferences you have made from the results
- Conclusion and Recommendations
This assignment is broken down into four parts:
- Part 1 - Preliminary Analysis
- Part 2 - Examination of Descriptive Statistics
- Part 3 - Examination of Inferential Statistics
- Part 4 - Conclusion/Recommendations
Part 1 - Preliminary Analysis (3-4 paragraphs)
Generally, as a statistics consultant, you will be given a problem and data. At times, you may have to gather additional data. For this assignment, assume all the data is already gathered for you.
State the objective:
- What are the questions you are trying to address?
Describe the population in the study clearly and in sufficient detail:
Discuss the types of data and variables:
- Are the data quantitative or qualitative?
- What are levels of measurement for the data?
Part 2 - Descriptive Statistics (3-4 paragraphs)
Examine the given data.
Present the descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, range, standard deviation, variance, CV, and a five-number summary) *Please help provide steps on how to these obtain calculations on this thru Excel*
Identify any outliers in the data.
Present any graphs and charts you think are appropriate for the data.(To present on Word Document report to explain).
Note: Ideally, we want to assess the conditions of normality too. However, for the purpose of this exercise, assume data is drawn from normal populations.
Part 3 - Inferential Statistics (2-3 paragraphs).
Use the Part 3: Inferential Statistics document. (attached below and would be labeled "Option 2: Hospital Database" for the type of industry I would like to work on).
- Create (formulate) hypotheses (help show a step by step breakdown on how to do this and obtain answers based on the formula)
- Run formal hypothesis tests
- Make decisions. Your decisions should be stated in non-technical terms.
Hint: A final conclusion saying "reject the null hypothesis" by itself without explanation is basically worthless to those who hired you. Similarly, stating the conclusion is false or rejected is not sufficient.
Part 4 - Conclusion and Recommendations (1-2 paragraphs).
Include the following:
- What are your conclusions?
- What do you infer from the statistical analysis?
- State the interpretations in non-technical terms. What information might lead to a different conclusion?
- Are there any variables missing?
- What additional information would be valuable to help draw a more certain conclusion?
Format your assignment consistent with APA format for citations and references. Also, please include "subject titles for the research report" and direct web link references that I can also look up the information to read over as well
No plagiarism and will be checked!