Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student to calculate the project cash flow using net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and the payback methods.
Resources: Corporate Finance
Create a 350-word memo to management including the following:
- Describe the use of internal rate of return (IRR), net present value (NPV), and the payback method in evaluating project cash flows.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
Calculate the following time value of money problems:
- If you want to accumulate $500,000 in 20 years, how much do you need to deposit today that pays an interest rate of 15%?
- What is the future value if you plan to invest $200,000 for 5 years and the interest rate is 5%?
- What is the interest rate for an initial investment of $100,000 to grow to $300,000 in 10 years?
- If your company purchases an annuity that will pay $50,000/year for 10 years at a 11% discount rate, what is the value of the annuity on the purchase date if the first annuity payment is made on the date of purchase?
- What is the rate of return required to accumulate $400,000 if you invest $10,000 per year for 20 years. Assume all payments are made at the end of the period.
Calculate the project cash flow generated for Project A and Project B using the NPV method.
- Which project would you select, and why?
- Which project would you select under the payback method? The discount rate is 10% for both projects.
- Use Microsoft® Excel® to prepare your answer.
- Note that a similar problem is in the textbook in Section 5.1.
Sample Template for Project A and Project B:
Show all work.
Submit the memo and all calcluations.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Tess of the DUrbervilles
by Thomas Hardy
Too Much and Never Enough
by Mary L. Trump
Girl Stop Apologizing
by Rachel Hollis
Of Mice and Men
by John Steinbeck
by August Wilson
The Restless Wave
by John McCain
by Ursula Kroeber Le Guin
Cry the Beloved Country
by Alan Paton