Complete the following Assignment:
1) Select a 1-5 grade level and NC state standard from the Measurement and Data domain.
2) Compose an aligning learning target for 3 students who would benefit from the use of augmentative and/or alternative communication devices (see below).
- Donnie is an African American female who wears hearing Aids. She is on grade level with no IEP/504. Medium support from parents. Internet available at home.
- Fredrick is a white male who has a Traumatic Brain Injury. He receives Tier 3 RTI services for reading and math because he is 2 grades below his grade level. His parents are very involved, no internet at his home.
- Wendell is an African American male who has a Learning Disability. He receives Tier 3 RTI services for math because he is 2 grade levels below his grade. He is also 1 grade level below his grade in reading. Medium support for his parents. Internet is available in his home.
3) Complete a lesson plan (See template below) with the small group in mind, that specifies applicable assistive technology and includes differentiated activities to facilitate students making comparisons and uses models of measuring units or measuring instruments for representing or interpreting the data.
4) In addition to your completed lesson plan, rationalize your augmentative and/or alternative communication device choices in a 250-300-word summary. Support your choices with 2-3 scholarly resources.