The medical interview serves several functions. It is used to collect information to assist in diagnosis of the present illness, to understand the patient’s values, to assess and communicate prognosis, to establish a therapeutic relationship and to reach agreement with the patient about further diagnostic procedures and therapeutic options. The interview also offers an opportunity to influence patient behaviors.
Discuss the following:
- What does it means to document accurately and appropriately?
- What are the documenting guidelines? When is it appropriate to use abbreviations?
- What is the difference between subjective and objective data?
- What does it mean to demonstrate clinical reasoning skills?
- How can you use clinical reasoning to plan the organization of a comprehensive exam?
- How will you document variations of normal and abnormal assessment findings?
- What factors influence appropriate tools and tests necessary for a comprehensive assessment?
- Reflect on personal strengths, limitations, beliefs, prejudices, and values.
- How will these impact your ability to collect a comprehensive health history?
- How can you develop strong communication skills.
- What interviewing techniques will you use to interview the patient to elicit subjective health information about their health history?
- What relevant follow-up questions will you use to evaluate patient condition?
- How will you demonstrate empathy for patient perspectives, feelings, and sociocultural background?
- What opportunities will you take to educate the patient?
|Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion. Answers all questions with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources. Outside resources should not be older than 5 years.|
Tags: nursing interview patient care
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool's honor code & terms of service.
Explanation & Answer
I was struggling with this subject, and this helped me a ton!
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
Most Popular Content
Help in Assignment
Write a paper of 750-1,000 words examining your personal values and beliefs. Include the following:Describe your personal ...
Health Information Technology Discussion
RHIT Exam PreparationDomain 6: Data Content, Structure, and StandardsDiscuss at least 2 of the followingWhat is a board of...
Foundations of Motivation
Foundations of Motivation- Written ProjectDescriptionPrepare a 5–6 page paper (excluding the title page and references),...
health care and public change, health & medical homework help
health care, or the public. Policy changes can occur by working with members of your legislature, and state or national n...
PUB 550 Grand Canyon University Diabetes Health Issue Discussion
Review the Healthy People 2020 website.Question to Answer:Identify one of the health issues and propose a scenario that wo...
Understanding Nursing Research Building an Evidence Based Practice Paper
Review Grove, Gray, & Burns Chapter 4, 5 and 8. Do not summarize the chapter, nor make lengthy discourses on what is in t...
Critique Of The Articles
O’sullivan, D.J. Fitzgerald, M.G., Meynell, M.J., & Malins, J. M. (2014). Urinary Tract The sample size involved in the ...
Registered Nurse Career Revised
Registered nurses are health experts that have progressed through approved school of nursing and are licensed by the feder...
File name: Sexual_revolution_and_queer_remaking.docx (19.21K)...
Murder on the Orient Express
by Agatha Christie
Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde
by Robert Louis Stevenson
The House of the Seven Gables
by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Shattered - Inside Hillary Clintons Doomed Campaign
by Amie Parnes and Jonathan Allen
Death Of A Salesmen
by Arthur Miller
All Quiet on the Western Front
by Erich Maria Remarque
The Knife of Never Letting Go
by Patrick Ness
Big Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty
Our tutors provide high quality explanations & answers.
Most Popular Content