This assignment requires one to interview a teacher, administrator and a early childhood teacher. However, you do not have to. You could stage the interview.
Research the federal policies (e.g., ESSA, Title I, IDEA) and state policies (child care regulations) that govern early childhood education.
Interview your classroom teacher, administrator of a faith-based school for young children, and one other educator of young children using the following:
- How have federal and state policies affected funding and testing criteria?
- How have policies affected classroom instruction?
- How have ESSA, Title I, and IDEA affected school learning?
- How does the relationship of church and state affect the early childhood field?
- Three questions about federal and state policies based on your personal interests.
- Three questions about federal and state policies based on your research.
For each interviewee, create a one-page table or chart that includes the following:
- The occupation or position of interviewee,
- The questions posed, and
- The interviewee’s responses to each question.
Write a 250-500-word reflection of what you have learned from your research and interviews and how that will affect your future classroom. Give examples.
Use 3-5 scholarly resources.