Option 2 - Critical Thinking: Sky Hospital Consortium
Sky Hospital Consortium consists of 40 hospitals in various parts of
the US. After being discharged, patients are given a survey to determine
if they are satisfied with the overall service. In most cases patients
are satisfied. However, some are dissatisfied. In addition, out of those
who responded as being dissatisfied, some filed a formal complaint. In
the Excel file, Hospitals, linked at the bottom of the
page, are the results for the patients during a specific year. The Sky
Hospital Consortium is divided into the West, Central, and East Regions.
The Sky Hospital Consortium wants to evaluate the performance of
the hospitals. The Consortium wants to know which hospitals have the
fewest complaints. You are to assist in the data analysis by using your
knowledge of probability and conditional probability to help with the
ranking of the hospitals, as well as each Region.
a report (see below) with your ranking of the hospitals based on the
probabilities and conditional probabilities, as well as the analysis of
each region. Include the following seven (7) items in table format to
support your ranking. Be sure to use five (5) decimal places for your probabilities in the table, as some of them might be quite small.
- The probability of a patient responding “Dissatisfied” in each of the three different regions.
- The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint in each of the three different regions.
probability of a patient filing a formal complaint given a patient
response of “Dissatisfied” in each of the three different regions.
- The probability of a patient responding “Dissatisfied” for each hospital.
- The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint for each hospital.
- The probability of a patient filing a formal complaint given a patient response of “Dissatisfied” for each hospital.
- Rank the hospitals within
each region for each of the probabilities in 4 - 6. In other words,
only rank the hospitals in the West region against the other hospitals
in the West region. Perform the same analysis for the other two regions.
Then, within each region, find the sum of the ranks
and get an overall ranking for each hospital. Evaluate and discuss the
meaning of your results. Use tables, charts, graphs, or visual
dashboards to support your findings.
Write a report that
adheres to the Written Assignment Requirements under the heading
“Expectations for CSU-Global Written Assignments” found in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
As with all written assignments at CSU-Global, you should have in-text
citations and a reference page. An example paper is provided in the MTH410 Guide to Writing with Statistics, linked at the bottom of the page.
Your report must contain the following:
- A title page in APA style.
- An introduction that summarizes the problem.
body of the paper should answer the questions posed in the problem by
communicating the results of your analysis. Include results of
calculations, as well as charts and graphs, where appropriate.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
Submit your Excel file in addition to your report.