This assignment requires a basic--no PowerPoint or other graphics--presentation of approximately 4-5 minutes covering one of these topics. Presentations should provide a concise case, summing the major points of the debate, if applicable, and providing a short forecast of future impacts surrounding each issue. A brief paper submission--index card-- of the topic title and the three major points to be discussed is required. Tentatively, as topic choices may change, students will be assigned among:
- A study of your country of ancestral origin, including
- ...a general assessment of the country and a closer look at 3 or more of the units we have covered in class
- Open space and farm land preservation: how do we "save the space?" or
High quality agricultural land and open, undeveloped expanses are growing scarce. How do we protect these areas fairly?
- Transportation modal choice in America: time for a change in strategy?
More and more highways have led to more congestion. What about the rivers and rails for freight and passengers?
- Urban & community evolution, or What will the mid-century neighborhood, town, or city look like?
I already did majority of the assignment and I will post that below. All you will need to do is elaborate on the topics I brought up to make it a 500 world double spaced page paper (2 pages). I will attach my outline below. BASICALLY TAKE THE INFO I TYPED UP IN THIS OUTLINE AND ELABORATE SO IT REACHES A 500 PAGE PAPER.