Using the same industry from Assignment 2, and one of your chosen
publicly traded corporations within that industry from Assignment 1,
research the company on its own website, the public filings on the
Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University's online
databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will
often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose
to determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to
the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to
be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the corporate-level strategies for the corporation you
chose to determine the corporate-level strategy you think is most
important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you
judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the competitive environment to determine the
corporation's most significant competitor. Compare their strategies at
each level and evaluate which company you think is most likely to be
successful in the long term. Justify your choice.
- Determine whether your choice from Question 3 would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify various levels and types of strategy in a firm.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.