Teaching in a Culturally and Linguistically
• Education is very important to one's life and the ways of
teaching depend more so teaching in a culturally linguistically
• In order to teach in a better way, the teacher will have to:
❖ Encourage collaboration
• This encourages the teacher to think out of box hence
understanding there are many ways to success.
• The teacher will have to use different varieties
instructional activities and strategies.
• It is also good to consider all the students’ culture
and language skills during the process of
developing learning objectives. It is also
important to include objectives for personal
development and affective development (Temple
et al., 2018).
• In order for the students to understand how
much you care you will have to build a rapport
• Teaching in multicultural students means you will
have to accommodate and appreciate the
differences and similarities among the students'
Reflection on teacher’s performance
Just like the students, you as the teacher you will have to reflect
on your performance and learning. Below are some of the
questions to ask yourself:
❖ What does valuing diversity look like in a classroom? That is,
do you h...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer