There are two parts to this Assignment. Each one will help you better understand how security breaches
are handled and give you the opportunity to create a security plan. Creating this security plan will help
you understand what is needed to protect data.
1. Search the internet for news about security breaches in healthcare and other industries in the
last three years. Suggested source for the latest breach information from the Office of Civil
Source: HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Audit Program: United States Department of
Health & Human Services. Retrieved from
2. Write a critical essay summarizing the two cases. In your summary, identify the principal threats
in each of these cases and what could have been done to minimize these threats.
1. Using what you learned from Part I, create a security plan for a medium sized health care
facility. In your security plan, evaluate how you would approach security threats from both
inside and outside the organization. Be sure that you address the following items in your
a. physical and administrative safeguards: employee education, health information archival
and retrieval systems, disaster recovery, storage media
b. access safeguards: authentication, password management
c. network safeguards: cloud computing, mobile devices to deliver health care, firewalls,
encryption / decryption
d. security threats of mobile devices used in health care deliver
2. Critique the plan you have written, identifying its strengths, elements that were not covered in
the text, and any additional omissions or weaknesses of the plan.
1. The Assignment should be three to four pages in length, prepared in a Microsoft Word
document, and APA-formatted.
2. Include a title page and reference page. Length requirements do not include the title page, and
the reference page.
3. Follow APA style format and citation guidelines, including Times New Roman 12 point font and
4. Include at least four references. The course textbook counts as one reference. All sources must
be scholarly. Use APA style for all citations including course materials.
Purchase answer to see full