1. According to the creation stories in Genesis, how should we view the value of creation?
The creation stories of Genesis portray creation as a goodness that characterizes everything in the
universe. Individuals should accord significance to the creation and ensure that creatures are safe
by taking care of them.
2. How is the command in Genesis for humans to have “dominion” over creation to be
To have ‘dominion’ over creation implies that humans should protect the defenseless and
provide conducive situations rather than rule over them.
3. What is the concept of the sabbatical year supposed to communicate to humans?
The concept indicates that humans should take care of those who lack material things and listen
4. What is the jubilee year and why was this supposed to be celebrated?
Jubilee year refers to the fiftieth year. The year is celebrated to manifest liberty in the land.
Individuals should go back to their family.
5. In the Cycle of Baal, why is a disposition of “ownership” problematic?
The disposition of ownership is problematic since when wealthy individuals adopt it, the rest
suffer. The owners shift their focus on the accumulation of wealth as well as power. This results
in social stratification.
6. How is Jesus’ understanding of his ministry consistent with the Old Testament concept
Jesus takes his readings from the ancient Jewish scrolls. He also preaches in the synagogue. Luke
compares Jesus within the setting of the promises of God in the Old Testament. He also indicates
the extension of the theme of jubilee.
7. What does the passage in Matthew 25 say is central to life if one is to attain eternal
Righteousness is at the center of the attainment of eternal salvation. This should be accompanied
by taking care of the hungry and the po...