Hello, i have completed the assignment. it has been nice owrking with you.
Thesis statement: Social contract presents the notion that the political and moral obligations
of an individual mainly depend upon an agreement or contract among them to form or mould
the society that they live in.
2. Rousseau’s description of state of nature
3. The transformation which would cause social contract to come into being
4. Rousseau’s belief about the human nature
5. What individuals gain and loose by entering into social contract
6. Contemporary society and government resembling social contract
7. Giving up natural liberty for civil liberty
8. Specific privileges and rights that civil liberty entails
Running head: SOCIAL CONTRACT
Social contract is a concept or theory that is believed to have begun during the age of
enlightenment. This particular theory, which is believed to be as old as philosophy itself,
presents the notion that the political and moral obligations of an individual mainly depend upon
a treaty or contract among them to form or mold the society that they live in. Social contract
theory was defended by Thomas Hobbes, though, Jean-Jacques Rousseau is identified as the
best proponent of this extremely influential theory (Inoguchi and Le, 2016). Social contract has
been identified to be among the most central theories within the political and moral theory in
the modern West history.
Rousseau’s explanation of the state of nature
Rousseau presented his own account of the state of nature. Rousseau describes the state
of nature as a quixotic, non-violent and peaceful time. He states that during this time people
lived uncomplicated lives and that they also lived solitarily meaning that individuals lived