Please follow these instructions: The quiz is 60mnt long 10-15 questions(please score highest you only get one try).
Study Guide: War is the Health of the State
War is the Health of the State Link (Links to an external site.) http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/zinnwarhea...
Study Guide: WAR IS THE HEALTH OF THE STATE
1) What was the role of the US during World War I? Who did they support? Why did the US decide to enter the war?
2) What advantages did the US see to getting involved in World War I? How did entering the war serve the interests of the US at the time?
3) Who was W.E.B. DuBois? What were the ideas he is most known for? What did he believe Blacks of the time should strive for? What was his reasoning? Why did he believe this?
4) How did citizens see World War I? Were they eager to volunteer for the war? Why or why not? Did citizens support the war effort in general? What evidence does the author provide for this?
5) What was the Espionage Act? What purpose did it serve? What was the government responding to when it passed the legislation?
6) What was the American Protective League? Why was it created? What purpose did it serve? Who were the members of the APL?
7) How did radicals see the war? Were unions supportive or against the war? What evidence did the text offer to support this?
8) What was the IWW? What were their goals? How did they see the war? Did they agree with the US decision to enter the war? Were they in favor of the war?
9) How did the government respond to those who resisted the war effort? What reforms did the government make in the hopes of dealing with resistance?
10) What was the role of the FBI according to the text? What is the role of the Department of Homeland Security? How are they similar or different from one another?
Quiz: War is the Health of the State