hey here is your assignment, i managed to complete by filling the chart
UNIT 3 study guide.
The information in this is study guide is provided in order to guide you during your preparation
for the exam. I provided as much detail as I could to help you prepare for the exam.
I WILL NOT TAKE THIS STUDY GUIDE FOR EXTRA CREDIT.
Instead, there is a chart at the end of this document. You must complete 100% of the chart and
bring it on the day of the review. I will take the completed chart for extra credit.
Know the difference between S. aureus and S. pyogenes
Know the mechanism of action for cellulitis, impetigo, SSSS
Know all of the stages for maculopapular rashes
Be able to identify them using clinical cases
Know the difference in disease between chickenpox and smallpox
Know the disease causing agent for all of the diseases ( the scientific name, the disease it
causes and is it a virus, bacteria, protozoan etc)
7. Know the transmission route for all of the diseases
8. Understand the pathogenesis behind each disease for all of them (do not neglect any
9. Understand nervous system anatomy, skin anatomy and cardio
• Layers of the meninges
• CNS vs PNS
• Blood brain barrier
• Function of lymph
10. Know for which diseases we have vaccines
11. Know the treatment options (not name) for tetanus, botulism, Rabies, HIV, bacterial
infections… Is it an antibiotic, or antiviral, or self-limiting, is there a vaccine?
12. Understand the mechanism of action for botulism and tetanus
• Transmission of botulism for baby vs. adult
13. Know what meningitis,, meningoencephalitis and encephalitis is
14. Be able to identify symptoms of meningitis from and adult and the baby
15. Know the toxin (endo or exo) mediated diseases and the causing organisms that we
16. Understand the disease causing agents for meningitis by age groups and the order
17. Know your AIDS defining illnesses (just the names)
18. Know the 3 stages of AIDS
• What happens to the viral load vs. cd4+ count in each stage and etc.
19. Understand the pathogenesis behind malaria. (how it leads to disease)
20. Know the replication cycle for malaria