Studypool values your privacy. Only questions posted as Public are visible on our website.
read and answer the questions2
Asked: Jul 4th, 2018
Understanding the many categories of skills will be important for the self-discovery of your own skills. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is important when considering your major and career path. It will also enable you to market yourself to future employers.
There are a few videos for you to watch as well as a lecture to review. This is a longer module so the assignment this week is worth 50 points.
For this assignment, please label each section (A-H) for each answer.
Use the skill assessment on pages 84-85 in your book to complete the questions below. For this portion of the assignment we are going to focus skills and not personality traits/characteristics, do not use words from the column "personal qualities".
1.Under each area below, list the top 5 (for each) skills you:
a. Enjoy doing
b. Perform especially well
c. Would like to develop or acquire
2. List at least two (2) specific ways you can develop the skills you would like to develop or acquire.
3.Think of an activity or project you have accomplished using the skills in sections A and B and how you used those skills to complete it. Write a brief summary of the experience.
4. How well do your skills fit with your current career aspirations? Give a specific example.
5. Define transferable skills.
a. How do they differ from other skills?
6. The book specifically mentions the transferable skills you develop as a result of earning a college degree (page 94).
a. Which of these skills do you think you already excel in?
b. Give a recent example of when you used this skill.
1. Shawn Achor states: "If you can raise somebody's level of positivity in the present, then their brain experiences what we now call a happiness advantage, which is your brain at positive performs significantly better than it does at negative, neutral or stressed. In fact, what we've found is that every single business outcome improves." Do you agree with this? Why or why not? How does this apply to yourself? Provide an example.
H. Complete the Skills Assessment in Focus 2.
1. Save at least one occupation from your results to your career portfolio.
2. List the occupation in your assignment submission