Career Development and Electronic PortfolioView Full Description
Electronic Portfolios can assist with showcasing skills and experiences. Go to the Portfolium website and watch the video there.
Create a webpage for advertising possible services.
Design and develop a functional or chronological resume, along with an appropriate cover letter
to be sent to potential employers.
What is a portfolio or electronic portfolio?
How can an electronic portfolio or eportfolio be used to showcase your skills and experiences?
Conduct a little research on eportfolios and discuss the difference between simply applying for a new employment position and taking the time to showcase one's many accomplishments and skills. Explain.
Your response must be in your own words. Your initial post should be 275 word minimum that reflects research and not opinion. Provide citations for the source of your learning.
In order to earn full points, one must respond to the forum question by Day 3, and to at least two other classmates' responses with 150 word minimum posts that add value to the discussion and allow for time for interaction. In other words, waiting until 11 pm Sunday night to respond to others does not support the intent of a discussion and will not earn full points. The point to a discussion is to learn from each other, test ideas, share insights and engage in two-way dialog.
||Jul 2, 2018 12:00 AM
|Attachments checked for originality?
Learning objective: To identify and discuss various types of resumes and
In a 1 to 2 page document, complete the following:
- Identify the type of cover letter you are preparing
- Describe the reasoning for choosing this type of format for your cover letter.
- Prepare and submit the cover letter to be sent to a future employer. You should attempt to prepare a cover letter for a future position that you aspire to obtain.
- In a 1 to 2 page document, complete the three items above.
- Be sure your letter is correctly formatted.
- Submit as Article #1 for your portfolio.
A rubric is provided here for your convenience that details how this assignment will be graded. Please review it carefully prior to submitting your work.