You are employed at a large global high-tech company that has offices worldwide in such places as Tokyo, London, Bombay, Toronto, Mexico City, Chicago, and Seattle to name a few. Although sales have been reasonable these past few months even with the global economic crises, an internal crisis exists related to employee morale being at an all-time low. There are many different beliefs on what is right and what is wrong across the board, especially when it comes to the cultural and communication differences and the technological equipment challenges. There are also concerns regarding the selfishness of the employees; where the employees do not enjoy working as a team. Your supervisor has tasked you as the as the VP of the Service Department to prepare a research paper that will communicate information and solutions as well as provide a foundation of knowledge so that you can work with your peers and employees to solve these problems. At a minimum, your research paper must:
- What steps can management take to make the teams cohesive? Evaluate the steps that are necessary in this scenario to create high performing teams.
- Evaluate the importance of the internal environmental factors that include the cultural, language, political, and technological differences that will affect the team building process.
- What can be done to overcome the communication barriers between locations? What are the best practices that should be implemented going forward?
Present your findings as a Word document of 3-5 pages formatted in APA style.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Please submit your assignment.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.