This week your theoretical orientation is feminist theory. You will use the same case study that you chose in Week 2. Use the "Dissecting a Theory and Its Application to a Case Study” worksheet to help you dissect the theory. You do not need to submit this handout. It is a tool for you to use to dissect the theory and then you can employ the information in the table to complete your assignment.
To upload your media to this Assignment, use the Kaltura Media option from the mashup tool drop-down menu. Refer to the Kaltura Media Uploader area in the course navigation menu for more information about how to upload media to the course.
I will do video you just do transcript using sub-heading and 3 APA references (Be detailed in responses)
Submit a Kaltura video of yourself discussing the client. Your video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Although this is a professional presentation, it is not a formal presentation as in a speech. Imagine that you are discussing your case with a group of peers in a meeting. To verbally present a case can be challenging—but it is also a skill for which practice can relieve anxiety and result in improvement. This will give you an opportunity to practice how to deliver material in a professional manner.
- You can have notes in front of you to help you remember your points.
- However, your video does need to be professional. In other words, dress professionally, maintain eye contact as if you were speaking in front of your colleagues, and finally be sure to record yourself in a room that is quiet and where no one interrupts you.
Your video presentation should include the following:
- In 1 to 2 sentences, identify and describe the problem to be worked on in your chosen case study.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, explain how the theory you are utilizing defines and explains the cause of the problem.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, use the theory to describe the role of the social worker to facilitate change in the case study.
- In the assessment phase, identify 2 assessment questions you will ask to explore what the client’s goals are and how they will get there.
- Remember, the theory should be driving the assessment.
- Describe two interventions to address the problem and explain how the clients will implement the interventions.
- Remember, the theory should be driving the interventions.
- In 2 to 3 sentences, discuss how you would evaluate if one of the interventions you identified is effective with the client.
- Explain how, specifically, you will set the tone throughout your work with the client to reduce the hierarchical relationship and make it more collaborative.
- Evaluate one strength and one limitation of the theory in working with the client.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Speak clearly.