Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to help you to better understand how we define
psychopathology and why we cannot use a single “D” to define disorder.
You will use the following skills to complete this assignment:
1) Write clear and brief short answers to a question.
2) Brainstorm examples of each of the 3 Ds of disorder (i.e., Deviance, Distress, Dysfunction).
3) Identify a weakness of ONLY using that D.
You will use the following knowledge to complete this assignment:
1) Develop familiarity with the 3 Ds of disorder (i.e., Deviance, Distress, Dysfunction).
2) Understand how mental health professionals apply the 3 Ds of disorder to define abnormal
Your task is to write a paper that does the following:
1) Defines the 3 Ds of disorder (i.e., Deviance, Distress, & Dysfunction).
2) Provides an example of NORMAL behavior that qualifies for each of the specific Ds.
3) Identifies which other Ds are needed to distinguish between normality and abnormality.
You will be successful in this activity if you can: (a) write a succinct, thoughtful response, (b)
write clearly so that I can understand how you are thinking about this topic, (c) demonstrate your ability
to apply the concepts, (d) demonstrate your ability to identify caveats to the Ds of disorder, and (d)
write a response of high quality (e.g., APA-style, proper grammar, spelling, etc.). Please note, I am
evaluating your ability to creatively apply these concepts and then explain your thinking.
All papers should be turned in electronically via Webcampus by Friday July 13 at midnight. The papers
should be approximately 2 double-spaced pages long in 11 or 12 point, Times New Roman or Calibri
font, and 1 inch margins. The following file types are acceptable: .rtf, .doc, .docx, .odt.
Please use the following filename convention for your files:
Purchase answer to see full