Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, it is
recommended that you review the recommended resources for this week as
they will assist you in the creation of an effective presentation of
your Research Design.
This interactive assignment will provide you with an opportunity to
create a dynamic presentation of some of the materials you are creating
for your Research Proposal. This type of presentation would be used in
the professional world to request Institutional Review Board (IRB)
approval, and potentially elicit funding, for your research.
In your presentation, summarize the main points and ideas for your
Research Design. Over the course of the week, you will have the
opportunity to share feedback and suggestions with your classmates and
instructor, which may assist you in improving your research proposal
before submitting the Research Proposal.
For this interactive assignment, create a presentation file using
PowerPoint and then create a three- to five-minute screencast video of
your presentation with pertinent audio that includes important points
about the content of each slide. In order to make sure your video
remains within the 3-5 minute time requirement, create a script for your
screencast video. You must attach your script to your initial post. It
is recommended you rehearse your presentation using your script to
ensure that you are within the time limit and that all pertinent
information is presented in a manner that is easy to understand. You may
use any screencasting software of your choice (e.g.,
Screencast-O-Matic, Jing, etc.). A quick-start guide is available for Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.) for your convenience.
The content of the presentation must include the following:
- A brief introduction
- Devise a specific research question related to the topic you chose in Week One.
- Explain the importance of the topic and research question.
- A brief literature review
- Evaluate published research studies on your topic found during your
work on the Weeks One, Two, and Four assignments and identify two
relevant published studies.
- A description of potential methods
- Based on what you have learned about research design options and
requirements in this course, create an appropriate research approach and
design to investigate your research question.
- Provide a rationale for your design choices.
- A discussion on ethical issues
- Apply ethical standards to the proposed research and identify
potential ethical issues that would apply. Explain how you plan to
address these issues.
- A conclusion
- Summarize the main points of the presentation and reiterate why the
proposed research is important and why it should be carried out.