After reviewing the required readings, respond to the Review Questions, 1-8, on page 130 in Cozby (2014). Please answer questions in detail and support your answers with scholarly research citations. Make sure your responses integrate information from multiple outside sources.
Support your paper with a minimum of 5 resources within the past 3 years. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Review APA Form and Style.
Questions from the reading
- What is naturalistic observation?How does a researcher collect data when conducting naturalistic observation research?
- Why are the data in naturalistic observation research primarily qualitative?
- Distinguish between participant and nonparticipant observation; between concealed and nonconcealed observation.
- What is systematic observation? Why are the data from systematic observation primarily quantitative?
- What is a coding system? What are some important considerations when developing a coding system?
- What is a case study? When are case studies used? What is a psychobiography?
- What is archival research? What are the major sources of archival data?
- What is content analysis?