I attached Sample
You will design a small country that fosters the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.
- The correct approach or mode is expository, though you will use argumentation to present your evidence.
- Your APA-style research essay will begin with a Title Page and end with References.
- I provide a sample of APA formatting. Download and use it. It is the example against which your paper will be graded. You may use it as a template. Note that it includes additional info that your final papers will need, such as an abstract.
- As usual for APA essays in our class, use Times New Roman font, size 12. Standard 1" margins. Double-spaced. Page numbers inserted in upper-right corner. Running head capitalized in upper-left corner; the running head is an abbreviated version of your title.
- You must also create (not copy/paste) an original graph as a visual aid in your essay. In Word: Insert > Chart.
- Use at least five sources; three should come from Online Library.
ESSAY TOPIC: Design a small country that fosters the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.
- To do so, you'll create policies and rationalize them using evidence from your research.
- You'll need to define clearly your terms (happiness, greatest number, etc.).
- Organization: Your essay will have an introduction paragraph, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph--a beginning, middle, and end.
- Total length (including title page, abstract, your content, and the References page) = 10 pages.
- Each body paragraph must include at least one source from research.
- Your body paragraphs will zoom in on five or more national interests. Examples include: class, race, ideologies (belief systems, religions, and so on), urban design, architecture, transportation, renewable resources, leadership / system of government, arts (painting, literature, music, film), military, cuisine, physical / mental health of citizens, entertainment, invented history, scientific innovation / research, technology, health care, family structure, economic policies, business practices, imports / exports, geographic location, topography, natural habitat.... and any others you can think of.
- To reiterate: You are creating a country. Although a research paper, this is also a form of creative writing. Pick five or more national interests on which to focus. Support your proposed policies with concrete evidence from EBSCO articles and other online research.
Rubric: My Ideal Society
Format: cover page, abstract, references, margins, spacing, font, header ( 3 points )
Organization: intro, body, conclusion; topic sentences, transitions ( 4 points )
Mechanics: grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling ( 5 points )
Argumentation: integration of sources, graph, detail, depth of thought, fluidness ( 8 points )
TOTAL (20 points)