For this assignment you will be composing a persuasive job application email.
In the email you are applying for a job relevant to your current skills. You must identify the specific job title in the subject line and first paragraph.
- Research email etiquette on credible websites to learn about subject lines, professional salutations, proper tone, white space, standard font style and size (12), and so on.
- Review 21st century skills that employers value:
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Speaking and listening skills
- Technology literacy
- Reasoning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Work ethic
- Collaboration skills
- Positive attitude
- Self-directed and lifelong learning
- Accountability, responsibility, and adaptability
3. Review pages 1256-1258 in the textbook for information on word choice, reasoning, logic versus emotion, organization, fact versus opinion, and evidence.
Composing the Email
The persuasive email should include a subject line, formal language and tone, correct grammar and spelling, a salutation, 3 paragraphs (introduction, body, conclusion), and courteous closing. The body of the email should address several of the 21st century skills as well as your plan for continued education/lifelong learning. The skills and plan content must be accurate/true.