Connecting Your Learning
Competencies Addressed in This AssignmentIn this assignment, the criteria in your Connect Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to all of the competencies for the course.
- Competency 1: Apply emergency planning procedures to critical incidents.
- Competency 2: Explain the role of emergency planning within the emergency management field.
- Competency 3: Specify evaluation techniques for emergency management response effectiveness.
- Competency 4: Correlate appropriate emergency management response to hazards and threats.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
IntroductionThroughout the course, you have seen that most governmental and private agencies and organizations task individuals with responsibilities that equal that of an emergency manager. In the United States, the Department of Homeland Security mandates that agencies have disaster plans in place in the event of a situation. This move has prompted an increase in interest in the field of emergency management. Now, with the Incident Command System, National Response Plan, and other directives, this field is becoming widely accepted.This course is aimed at helping you prepare for the field of emergency management by introducing one of the most important pieces—planning. Planning provides a balance between the practice of response and the science behind the disaster, regardless of whether it is man-made or natural. In this course you have created assignments to demonstrate your understanding of the phases of emergency planning: preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
InstructionsFor this final assignment, reflect on all your activities in this course and make connections between your learning and applications showcased in a career-specific context. Include one researched example that supports your reflection on each competency, one through four. Competency five you will demonstrate throughout your submission based on your effective communications in a variety of formats.Focusing on the competencies, and to showcase your learning proficiency, prepare a 4–6 page paper addressing two key areas of learning for each competency, the importance of this learning, and the application of the learning in a career context.Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment and for the overall course project.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 4–6 (a minimum of one page for each competency), not including the title page or the references page.
- Required number of references: A minimum of 4–6 (a minimum of one reference for each competency).
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment