Choose ANY TWO from the topics below. (one page for each topic)
- Discuss the evolution of writing in Egypt from the earliest known stages.
- Discuss the transition from the Pyramid texts to the Coffin texts in relationship to changes in access to the afterlife and political structure.
- What is the significance of the tale of Osiris, Isis and Horus? How do they rise to be among the most powerful, and popular deities among all classes in Egypt?
- Discuss the role of magic in Egyptian daily life and in the afterlife. What do you find most interesting about magic in Ancient Egypt and why?
- What is the source of Heka’s power? How does the change in the practice of magic and expression change from the Old Kingdom, First Intermediate Period and on into the Middle Kingdom?
- Discuss the evolution and unique nature of Egyptian medicine. How was it interwoven with their lives, how did magical spells and even common sense blend together in your opinion?
- Considering that maintaining Ma’at, or balance, is crucial to Egyptian society, how did the rulers respond to the climatic challenges and what was the outcome?
- Discuss the legacy of the Twelfth Dynasty (Amenemhats and Senuserts, Queen Sobekneferu) how do they leave the door open to invasions from Nubia and the Asiatics despite all their efforts to enclose themselves behind fortresses?
Book attached will help with the answers