Hello, i have completed the assignment. its been nice working with you. 😇
Thesis statement: Fusion centers are information gathering, analysis and distribution entities
that facilitate coordination of efforts at the federal, state and local levels to counter violent
extremism of any kind.
1. Qn 1: Specific role and activities of Fusion Centers in countering violent extremism.
2. Qn. 2: Describe the composition, the role, the responsibilities, and the practical work
of Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTFs)
3. Qn 3: major contentious constitutional concerns associated with the U.S. “legal”
responses to terrorism and the protections provided by the U.S. Constitution.
4. Qn 4: threats presented by homegrown radicalization and the sources of radicalization
5. Qn 5: factors that promote and inhibit our understanding of domestic terrorism
6. Qn 6: differences among the three type of terrorism
7. Qn 8: Why do people in democracies resist concentrating power in law enforcement?
Running head: DISCUSSION QUESTION
Qn 1: Specific role and activities of Fusion Centers in countering violent extremism.
Fusion centers are information gathering, analysis and distribution entities that facilitate
coordination of efforts at the federal, state and local levels to counter violent extremism of any
kind (US Department of Homeland Security, n.d., p. 1). To do this, fusion centers must seek to
create nods in a network that is composed of representatives from the levels of government
whose function is to collect data and identify potential threats. These threats an include active
terrorist cells in a state and plans to execute an attack and the conveyance of this information
from the Federal level agencies like the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of
Homeland and U.S Department of justice to the state and local levels is an important threat
deterrent function of fusion centers. Information that is relevant in prevention and mitigation of
criminal and terrorist threats includes; patterns in criminal and terrorist activities, warnings of
crime, potential weaknesses in a local or state system and others (US Department of Homeland
Security, n.d., p. 1). This, as part of threat analysis, is followed by recommendations aimed at
instituting several threat mitigation measures and informing on efficient reporting strategies.
Fusion centers share information that is customized to the local level so that relevant personnel
especially law enforcement officers are aware of imminent criminal and terrorist threats and are
prepared to thwart them before they happen (US Department of...