The Principal’s Liability on the Contract
Crash agrees to have Steve represent him in various transactions as an agent to secure him performance contracts and endorsement deals.
Crash writes a letter to Bob that Steve is his agent. Unbeknownst to Bob, Crash specifically instructed Steve to only make endorsement deals with Bob. However, Steve signs a contract for Crash to attend a birthday party performance.
In all other cases, Steve has express authority to enter into any contract on behalf of Crash. So Steve makes a contract with Jimmy for a performance at a bar. Jimmy knows Steve is an agent, but he doesn’t know who Steve is an agent for.
Finally, Steve makes an endorsement contract with Fred.
Fred has no idea whether Steve is representing anyone.
- Is Crash liable for any of these contracts?
- Is Steve liable for any of these contracts?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here
|Grading Criteria Assignments||Maximum Points|
|Meets or exceeds established assignment criteria||40|
|Demonstrates an understanding of lesson concepts||20|
|Clearly presents well-reasoned ideas and concepts||30|
|Uses proper mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, and APA style||10|