Before next class (Tuesday Oct 16, 2018), read the following:
1. Introduction to Industrial Engineering E-book chapters 6 and 7.
1. Using the timeline of significant events in the evolution of Industrial Engineering (provided on the next page),
pick two events that get your attention the most. Do some research on those two events and briefly a) describe the
events and b) talk about your perception of the impact of such events in the definition of Industrial Engineering as
a discipline. Please, do not forget to follow the homework format.
2. Upload your report in the Dropbox on Brightspace-D2L. Due Tuesday October 16 at 9:50 am. Late homework won’t
Name of your department
Montana State University
Homework Title – Make your own if a title is not given (related to the subject)
Introduction paragraph – provide an introduction sentence to the topic that will be covered.
Make sure to cite the homework question(s) here.
Body paragraph – Answer the question given. Go straight to the point. Provide evidence to
support your answer. Please use a separate paragraph for each question.
Conclusion paragraph – Summarize your answer in one or two sentences. Talk about what you
learned by doing this homework.
Citations – Make sure you follow APA format. Refer to the communication toolkit for more
information on APA.
1. All homework should be typed as per the following requirements:
a. Calibri Font size 14 for name, department, university and date. Calibri font size
14 for homework title, also title should be Heading 1. Calibri font size 12 for the
rest of the document.
b. One line space between date and homework title, and between title and
c. All the document in single space.
2. Please do not label the parts of the homework (Introduction, body, conclusions and
3. Follow the Technical writing section in the Communication Toolkit when writing your
Purchase answer to see full attachment