The purpose of this Journal is for students to discuss how emotions may explain a motivation behind behavior, according to the emotional approach.
Part 1: To prepare for this week’s learning activity review the following videos in addition to this week’s assigned Reading:
- Duran, V. M. (2013). Emotion contagion. Retrieved from http://www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/player.html?video=emtn_cntagn_16361
- Maschio, J. (2014). Emotions and behavior. [Video]. Unpublished.
Part 2: Observe someone’s behavior in a public setting. Your task is to identify an emotion being expressed by an individual such as happiness, anger, frustration, etc., and relate it to the emotional approach to understanding abnormal behavior.
Part 3: In 1–2 pages, address the following:
- Describe the individual’s behavior.
- Identify the specific emotion the person expressed (e.g., scared, worried, happy, etc.).
- Refer directly to the components of emotions and the section on the emotions (pp. 57–60) and discuss how emotions might explain the influence and motive behind the individual’s behavior. Include a detailed discussion of one of the components of emotion (cognitive aspect of emotion, emotion and behavior, and physiological of emotion) to support your answer.
Durand, V. M., Barlow, D. H. (01/2012). Essentials of Abnormal Psychology. [Purdue University Global Bookshelf]. Retrieved from https://purdueuniversityglobal.vitalsource.com/#/b...