You are a manager with Nuhkl and Hedd Investments, and have been put in charge of running the company’s mutual fund. As such, it is your job to trade stocks on the market, make money for your clients, and write a recommendation based on company performance. Your report will choose three stocks from our experiment, and recommend them to your clients based on their market performance(Which are the files I included). The market performance are those files I have attached, it happened during my class, so you can just base on them and recommend 2-3 companies and make a report about them.
-to practice the writing process, including planning, research, drafting, and revision
-to practice data analysis and implementation
-to learn about stocks and the stock market
Requirements and Assessment
Your report needs:
- 1,000-1,500 words (2 points)
- Clearly labeled headings for each section (2 points)
- A title; again, “Financial Report” is not a title. (2 points)
- Marginally free of errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, context, etc. (2 points)
- The following content sections (12 points for all sections & content)
- Basic company information- Name, address, industry, final stock price, recommendation (yes or no.)
- Investment summary- Thesis/rationale for the recommendation
- Business description - Summary of company, products, markets, company economics including cost and revenue drivers, etc.
- Industry analysis- Describes the competitive landscape (other companies that do the same or similar things,) and how the company compares with its competitors.
- Valuation - An estimate of the company’s value, including real estate, inventory, manufacturing facilities, patents, etc.
- Risks – Anything that could complicate investing in the company, eg: executive scandals, erratic stock price, etc.
- Final Recommendation – Why you recommend the company over its competition, and why it stands out in our experiment.
Please note that a lot of this information will need to be made up, as our companies are all fictional. Refer to the list below for a list of real companies that are similar to our fictional ones. The report should not be about the Nuhki and Hedd company. You need to recommend 2-3 companies from these 6 companies. And about the informations about these companies, you can just make it up, you don't have to make research about them because these companies are mostly fake.
Konig Aerospace (KNG) – Boeing, McDonnel-Douglas, Northrup-Grumman
Hamstrung (HMS) – Samsung, Nokia, Apple
RicMonalds (RMS) – McDonald’s, Burger King, Subway
Quadstar Pictures (QSP) – Sony Tristar, United Artists, Paramount
Frosty Farms (FRF) – Foster Farms, National Steak
KruggWerk (KGW) – General Dynamics, Thyssenkrupp, Krauss-Maffei