Review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five. Submit an outline that identifies the age group you have chosen for your Final Paper and provide a brief description of each philosophy/theory you have chosen for your Final Paper. Cite your text and at least two other scholarly sources. This assignment should include:
- A title page
- Identification of the age group you have chosen
- A description of the philosophies/theories you have chosen for the final paper
- A reference page
Your outline (Links to an external site.) should be one to two pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. The outline (Links to an external site.) (as well as the title page and reference page) should be formatted according to APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in your approved style guide.
This paper should be a combination of philosophies, theories, and concepts learned in this course, and demonstrate how they apply to the early childhood classroom. The primary focus will be on the comprehensiveness of the many components that are necessary to consider when designing curriculum for a preschool or young child’s classroom.
For the Final Paper
- Select an age group (Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, etc.).
- Identify and discuss the three theories and/or philosophies that reflect how you envision your classroom and curriculum.
- Provide a summary of the concepts you will teach in each academic area (math, reading, science, and the fine arts).
- Describe two specific activities for each academic area that will demonstrate how you will teach these concepts in a way that is representative of both the theories/philosophies you discussed and NAEYC or state standards.
Your paper must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.