Frontline follows renowned New Yorker writer and Boston surgeon Atul Gawande as he explores the
relationships doctors have with patients who are nearing the end of life. The film investigates the
practice of caring for the dying, and shows how doctors are often remarkably untrained, ill-suited and
uncomfortable talking about chronic illness and death with their patients.
Click on the following link to view the video.
Year: 2015. Filmmakers: Thomas Jennings
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il76j5L4dns (Watch Video Assessing the Nutrition of
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMCrsSWByZI (Watch Spiritual Care in Gerontological
• Older adults are often categorized as a vulnerable population. Do you agree or disagree with this
observation? Try to determine what puts older adults at risk and what can be done to eliminate some
of the risk.
• Explain why these risks are important and what can be done to eliminate or minimize them.
➢ Examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic.
Minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the
topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it.
• Provided response with rationale.
• The post is substantive and reflects careful consideration of the literature.
• Examples from the student’s practice/experience are provided to illustrate the discussion concepts.
• Addressed all required elements of the discussion prompt.
• Well organized and easy to read
Purchase answer to see full attachment