This Assignment will require you to consider the history of psychology, as well as its future. The paper will assess your understanding of the material you have learned throughout this course about each of the major schools of thought in the history of psychology. These schools of thought include structuralism, functionalism, behaviorism, Gestalt psychology, and psychoanalysis.
Imagine you are a famous psychologist working in the field 10 years from now and consider what you would like your school of thought to be. You can be creative here and have fun with this!
Write a 3–4-page essay incorporating the following:
- Describe the major themes and concepts from each of the five major schools of thought.
- Describe your school of thought, being specific about the subject matter you would like to work on.
- Integrate concepts from the major psychological schools of thought in the history of psychology.
- Apply the theory you created above to a case example you developed.
- Explain how integrating your theory would benefit the created case study.
Requirements for this Assignment:
Your paper should include a title page, introduction with thesis statement, and conclusion. Below is a link to help you with your introduction and conclusion:
Your paper should be 3–4 pages, not including the title page or reference page.
Your paper should include a reference to the textbook and at least two other academic sources. APA formatting and in-text citations must be used for each source referenced. When referencing the readings, be sure to use APA guidelines. Information regarding APA formatting and citation can be found in the Writing Center and should be reviewed thoroughly. Below is a link to the document:
Your paper should use Standard American English including correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and complete sentences and paragraphs. Your paper should be free of typographical errors.
Your paper should include a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
Your paper should demonstrate superior organization. Communication should be highly ordered, logical, and unified. You should follow these guidelines for your paper:
- Title page
- Main body of the paper — 3–4 pages
- Reference page
- Correct APA formatting for in-paper citations
- Standard margins: 1" on all sides
- Standard 12-point font size
- Standard double spacing: Average of 22 lines per page, and between 20 and 24 lines per page
- Text is left-justified