2018 Fall Semester
ME 349 Engineering Analysis
Homework, Part 7
For every problem, provide
The MATLAB script/function files that solve the problems.
Final answers. Run the prepared script/function file in the MATLAB command
window in order to obtain the numerical values of plots.
1. Perform by hand three iterations of the bisection method to find root of the
with the root in the interval ,
5,10 . Provide values of the approximation to
the roof after every iteration.
2. Perform by hand three iterations of the Newton‐Raphson method to find root of the
0.5. Provide values of the the
with the initial approximation to the root
approximation to the root after every iteration.
1. Find (by hand) the corresponding equation for the gas enthalpy as a function of
2. For every type of the gas, prepare an individual function (e.g. h_N2(T) ) that
calculates the enthalpy of the gas at given temperature.
3. Solve the following problem.
2 kg of a gas at the initial temperature
b. Assume that the gas is heated by adding of ∆ =5000 J of heat.
c. Find the new temperature of the gas after heating by solving the following
Make the units conversion!
Solve the problem for all gases with the Newton‐Raphson method with
tolerance 10‐8. Find the number of iteration required for getting the solutions
with this tolerance. Use the codes prepared in the class, but modify and use
them in the form of function functions, which accept functions like h_N2 as
Problem 3: Solve problem 1 on page 313 of Gilat’s book with the build‐in function fzero:
Problem 4: Solve problem 2 on page 313 of Gilat’s book with the build‐in function fzero:
Problem 5: Solve problem 6 on page 313 of Gilat’s book using function fzero for the root
Purchase answer to see full attachment