You are employed as an HR consultant for a mid-sized bank. The bank employs 200 tellers across its branches. You need to recommend to the bank what to consider when hiring for the position of Bank Teller. The attached document describes more details on KSAOs, pay statistics and desired factors for the candidate to possess.
For this first assignment there are three main tasks to complete:
- Assignment 1: Part A Employee Selection Exercise
- Assignment 1: Part B Operationalizing Your Assessment
- Assignment 1: Part C Apply Your Assessment Systems
All three tasks should be included in one paper 3 to 5 pages in length, double spaced and use APA format for referencing and citing. Include a cover page and a reference page.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Purchase answer to see full attachment
Explanation & Answer
Part 1: Employee Selection and Assessment
A. Employee Selection Exercise
Choosing a selection method: at this point one picks the selection technique for instance, interview,
role-play, resume, test, personality inventory or reference check. One can employ the same selection
method more than once if it is suitable for more than one aspect.
1. Education-selection technique: Application form
Justification: An inquiry on the application form can direct candidates to depict their education. This
kind of selection technique makes it simple and economical to acquire this information.
2. Work experience-selection technique: Resume
Justification: This technique is usually carried out; it makes it easier to shortlist applicants as we peruse
through their resume.
3. Math skills-select technique: Reasoning skills and analytical problem
Justification: Through this technique candidates reasoning skills or math can be easily judged
4. Verification knowledge-select technique: Questionnaire technique
Justification: By applying this technique the candidates’ background acquaintance regarding the subject
matter can be attained.
5. Interpersonal skills-selection technique: personal interview
Justification: Through this technique candidate’s capability to interrelate positively and work proficiently
with other employees can be judged.
6. Work motivation-selection technique: personality test
Through this technique candidates dedication towards the work can be evaluated.
B. Operationalizing your assessments
At this t...