The purpose of the Group Discussion Board (DB) Forums are to examine the ethical values displayed in various organizations, and view such in light of Scripture, the course text, and scholarly research. For each Group DB thread, write a 400–500-word thread that presents an analysis of the assigned case study from Hess & Cameron. Your thread will not summarize the article; instead, it will analyze that company’s values approach in light of Biblical truths and outside research. Support your assertions with at least 3 scholarly resources that have been published within the last 3 years, in addition to, a course text, and Scripture. Your thread must be in current APA format and must include a reference list. Please copy and paste your thread into the Group Discussion Board Forum (you may attach a copy to retain formatting – if needed). No title page or abstract are needed.
* Must include 3 scholarly resources
* Citation from the course textbook: listed below
Hess, E., & Cameron, K. (2006). Leading with values: Positivity, virtue, and high performance. New York, New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 9780521686037.
* 2 Biblical Quotes in proper APA formatting
* Minimum 400-500 word count
* Answer the questions below
Our reading this module/week begins with an introduction to ethical decision making and also explores the Christian’s involvement in ethical business. With this in mind, read chapter 1 from Hess & Cameron as they explored ethical culture at the Synovus Financial Corporation. The phrase they use, “just take care of your people,” is value-laden, and should resonate with the Believer in business. For this discussion board, answer the following questions:
- How well did the Synovus Financial Corporation “take care of their people”? What role did the Synovus Financial Corporation’s leadership play in shaping their culture?
- What Biblical connections can be made to the values displayed by the Synovus Financial Corporation? Are these values discussed in current business/organizational literature?